Event #55: The $50,000 Poker Players' Championship

Mike Wattel Eliminated in 7th Place ($251,602)

Chad_Holloway • Nivo 22
Mike Wattel - 7th Place

No-Limit Hold'em

Hand #33: Action folded to Don Nguyen on the button and he raised to 80,000. Mike Wattel, who was in the small blind, responded by moving all in for approximately 550,000 and Nguyen called after the big blind had folded.

Wattel: {a-Diamonds}{j-Hearts}
Nguyen: {a-Clubs}{q-Spades}

It was a bad spot for Wattel as he shared an ace with Nguyen, but his kicker was inferior. According to the PokerNews Odds Calculator, Wattel had a 23.62% chance of winning the hand, Nguyen a 70.69% chance and a 5.69% chance of a tie.

Aside from giving Wattel a gutshot straight draw to a king, the {10-Clubs}{6-Spades}{q-Clubs} flop wasn't particularly helpful. Wattel had a 16.97% chance of catching a king while Nguyen, who paired his queen, became an 81.92% favorite. The {2-Clubs} turn saw Wattel's chances drop even further to a mere 6.82%, and then the {9-Spades} river official flatlined it.

Wattel exited to a nice round of applause and made his way to the payout desk in seventh place to collect $251,602, his largest WSOP cash to date.

Igralec Št. žetonov Napredek
Don Nguyen us
Don Nguyen
us 5,900,000 490,000
Mike Wattel us
Mike Wattel
us Izpadel

Oznake: Don NguyenMike Wattel